Thoughts On Spring 2022/Open Window By Henri Matisse

Thoughts On Spring 2022/Open Window By Henri Matisse
Weekly Art Appreciation

Friday, January 1, 2010

It aian't about you!

I wrote this little poem after this guy by the bus stop tried to pick me up and my way to work. (He was cute and all but waaaaay to young for me!) In the end though he ended up trying to sell me his RAP CD. Bought it of course but inspiration had to come from some where! Giggle!

It ain't about you!
By Clueuin A.k.a MAR

I put on lipstick and brush my hair. Spray on so much perfume I almost pollute the air. High heel boots, fat fur coats. So when I walk out the door, I look fierce.

But ba-by, here's the bad news....
It ain't about you!
Don't step to me feeling breezy.
It ain't that easy.
I ain't that easy!
What?
What?!

If I'm refreshing my make-up
it's not an invitation.
If I bend over to pick- up a
pencil, it's not a flirtation.
So don't step to me on the
train.
Are you insane?

Sorry son, I hate to break it to ya, (no I don't).
It ain't about you. Really.
If I'm feelin' you, I'll let you know.
You know?

Sometimes a girl just wants to look correct.
Sometimes it's all about Self-respect.
I mean where are you when I look a wreak?

So umm, don't come to me, step to me, with
a wack compliment/line. 'Cause if I need a
man, he's gotta stand the test of time.
'Cause sometimes ba-by.......

.....It ain't about you.










No comments: